The main reason for buffering in Kodi can be your Internet connection, if you have a low speed Internet connection then you will face buffering issues on Kodi so you need to have a good internet connection for watching Movies, TV shows or Live TV content on Kodi.
Buffering issue is one of the hectic issue that users are facing on Kodi while watching Movies, TV Shows or Live TV Channels. There can be many reasons for buffering such as Server overload and that can cause buffering while watching the Live TV content.
Here’s complete guide How to Fix Buffering Issues on Kodi that you might be facing on a device on which you have latest Kodi installed.
Guide for Fix Buffering Issues on Kodi
- Go to main screen of Kodi 1& you need to click on Settings icon
- Click on Player Settings and make sure at the bottom, Settings are set to Expert level
- Select Videos option and then on the right side scroll down to Enable Scalers for Scaling Above
- If you have device with low specs like FireStick then set “Enable Scalers for Scaling Above” to 0% by clicking on little Down Arrow Key
- Turn off Hardware Acceleration, this can also help you to reduce buffering on Kodi
Alternate Method to Fix buffering on Kodi, that can help you to manage your buffering settings.
Follow the below instructions to install Ares Wizard on Kodi 17.1:
- From the main screen of Kodi click on Addons, Now click on Settings Icon at the top left side of your screen
- Select Addons option and click on Unknown Sources option to enable unknown sources on your Kodi
- Once you will click on Unknown Sources option you will get an popup window, then click Yes
- Now you need to return back to the main screen of Kodi by pressing the return button(Back arrow)
- Click on Setting->File Manager->Add Source -> Select on <None>.
- Type in the web address http://repo.ares-project.com/magic and click on Done
- After that click on Text Box underneath “Enter a name for this media Source”, type magic and click on OK
- Now, Return Back to main screen of Kodi by pressing the return button(Back arrow)
- Click on Addons->Addon Browser Icon that you can see on the top left corner of your screen
- Click on Install From Zip File ->magic
- Click on repository.aresproject>repository.aresproject.zip
- Wait for Addon enabled notification at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Click on Install from Repository ->Ares Project->Program Addons ->Ares Wizard
- Click on Install and then wait for Addon enabled notification at the bottom right corner of the screen
- Now click on Ares Wizard again and then click on Open, it will start checking for updates and install them
- If you get any popup then ignore that by clicking on Ok button
- Now on the main screen of Ares Wizard you need to click on Ares Wizard
- Click on Advanced Settings Wizard and click on Next button at the bottom right side of screen
- Click on Generate Settings and it will give you settings based on the device you are using
- Now click on Apply Settings option to apply these settings on your Kodi
- If you get any popup then click on Ok and then restart your device
That is it, now you should see an improvement in Buffering on your Kodi.
How to Fix Buffering Issues Kodi -Tips
- If there are several video source servers you can choose from to play the same video, test them all to see which source works best for you.
- In case you are using Kodi on a Mac or PC, try connecting your device to the router using an Ethernet cable instead of WiFi.
- If you are connected to the Internet via WiFi, try moving closer to the router if possible.
- Delete Kodi cache. To do so, follow these steps:
- Run the Ares Wizard.
- Go to ‘Maintenance‘.
- Under ‘Total Storage Regained’, select ‘Delete Cache’.
- In case you still feel any difficulty please feel to drop comment here.