Before going to “How to Install Kodi on FireStick?” we’ll discuss about FireStick.
What is the FireStick?
FireStick looks a bit like a flash drive.
It can plug into the HDMI port of a television to enable the television to stream content over wifi. This might include Netflix, YouTube, HBO Go and others.
The Amazon Fire Stick is a useful streaming tool, which connects to your TV via USB. You can watch movies, download and use apps, and anything else. All Via its apps store and Amazon’s growing entertainment services. However, unlike stock Android, what’s on offer is a more locked in experience than you are accustomed too. So, we’re going to help by telling you how to install Kodi.
Install Kodi on the Android Based Amazon Fire Stick
If you are not an owner of a Firestick, than streaming sticks will not allow you to install Kodi. So, if you want to get enjoy with Firestick, you should go and buy one. They cost $39.99 and now come with the added feature that is voice recognition. You will be having options to search for apps, TV shows, and Movies by just talking.
Here’s a complete tutorial that instructs you to get the Kodi (i.e. Kodi 17.1 Krypton). It is possible to follow in two different methods. Either using ES File Explorer or Downloader app, you can install Kodi 17.1 on your Fire Stick. Jump onto the topic.
- How to Install Kodi on FireStick using ES File Explorer
- How to Install Kodi on FireStick using Download app
STEP 1: Install Kodi on FireStick using ES File Explorer
- On your Fire TV, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on ‘Allow apps from unknown sources.’
- From the Amazon Fire Stick main menu, go to ‘Search.’
- Type ‘ES Explorer’.
- Click on the ES Explorer app icon to download and install it.
- Launch the ES Explorer app.
STEP 2: Install Kodi on FireStick using Download app
- Now, Launch the ES Explorer app.
- From the ES Explorer menu, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- For ‘Path’, type https://thevpn.guru/kodi.apk and click ‘OK’.
- For ‘Name’, input ‘Kodi’.
- Select ‘Download Now’
- The Kodi installation file will now begin to download.
- Once the Kodi apk file is downloaded, click on ‘Open file’ to install it on your FireStick.
- Go back to your Android TV Box home screen.
- Launch the Kodi app.
How to setup Kodi on Firestick without computer
- Just Plug the Fire Stick into your television
- Now, Go to Settings, select System and tap on Developer Options
- Click on Developer Options, enable all three options namely ADB debugging, USB debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources
- In the search box, type ES File Explorer and press enter
- Now, Install ES File Explorer that is highlighted.
- Once the installation is completed, launch ES File Explorer , click on add favorite
- A new window will appear, type in http://kodi.tv
- Click on Next; Enter any name for example kodi17
- Finally, a confirmation window will appear displaying Add to favorite, proceed by clicking on Add
- Now, from left menu pane, find the freshly created Kodi favorite and tap on it. You will see Kodi page on preview side, click on Downloads, as shown in picture below
- Next, Downloads page will open, scroll down and click on ARM version for Android OS.
- Now, go to menu from bottom of the page, click on Open in browser and wait for few seconds
- Next, Kodi download will start. Once the download is finished, click on Open file and proceed by installing Kodi
- Now wait for few seconds till installation is completed
- Once installation is finished, you’re all set to enjoy the greatest entertainment platform on earth
When you have successfully installed Kodi on Firestick, You can enjoy watching number of popular movies, TV shows, hit videos, pictures and much more.