Kodi Chromecast is one of the digital media players which are developed by the well-known giant GOOGLE. It is a small device designed like the dongles. It can be used to stream internet audio/visual data on a HD television.
If you like Kodi and would love to stream Kodi to Chromecast, there’s no native way. However, you are not totally out of luck, as there are ways to stream Kodi on Chromecast. You can do it through an Android smartphone or tablet or even your PC or Mac. There are three ways to stream Kodi to Chromecast and we are listing down all the ways, so you can choose whatever suits you best:
Install Kodi Chromecast with Android (First Method)
1.Firstly, you will have to install a few apps on your Android device: Kodi, LocalCast and ES File Explorer (or any file manager app that lets you view hidden files).
2. After you’ve installed all these apps, download this .xml file dubbed PlayerFactoryCore. Once downloaded, open ES File Explorer and go to its hamburger navigation drawer and tap “Settings”. In “Display Settings“, enable “Show hidden files“.
3. Then, go to the “Downloads” folder and find & copy the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file you downloaded. Paste the file in Android->Data->org.xbmc.kodi->files->.kodi->userdata folder.
4. After you have pasted the file, open the Kodi app and play any video. If you have more casting apps installed, Android will ask you to choose an app, choose “LocalCast”. If you don’t have any casting app other than LocalCast, it will automatically load up the Kodi video you selected.
5. Then, select your Chromecast device and then hit Play, which should play your Kodi video on the Chromecast connected TV.
You can then easily minimize the LocalCast app and lock your Android device while watching the video with ease on your Chromecast device. Pretty easy, right?
Install Kodi Chromecast with Android(Second Method)
Here is the shortcut method to stream Kodi for Chromecast. This method is relatively easy than the previous method, probably very easy.
- Install the Google Home app from the Google Play store.
- Open the app on your smartphone and go to Menu.
- Select the option “Cast screen” from the list and it will walk you through on how to connect to Chromecast.
- Launch the app and navigate to the video you would like to play.
- Press play and the video will play across both the devices.
Kodi for Chromecast using a PC
After completing two methods of Kodi Chromecast using Android devices, we will now use this method when you primarily use your PC for major stuff.
- First things first, you need to have Kodi App installed on your PC. You can download and install it from this link.
- After the download is complete, install the app by following the on-screen instructions.
- In this method, we are going to make the use of Google Chrome along with an extension called Google Cast.
- If you don’t have Chrome on your PC, then download it from here.
- Open Chrome and open the menu from the top-right corner and click on “Extensions” under “More tools”.
- Search for “Google Cast” and install that extension. After that, you will see a small cast button near the menu button on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on that button and a small pop-up window will open. Click on “Cast to” to reveal the drop down menu and select “Cast Desktop”.
- Then select your Chromecast device from the list and your whole PC screen will stream to your Chromecast connected TV.
- After that, open Kodi Chromecast and play any video and will stream from your PC as well as your TV.
With the completion of this method, we have completed all the three methods to stream Kodi for Chromecast. You just need to follow the steps accurately to successfully carry out the process.
Now, that we have completed all the methods of streaming this app on Chrome cast, this article comes to an end. If you enjoyed reading this guide on how to install kodi chromecast then please share it with your friends. We’d recommend the first method if you want to stream from an Android device because that’s the one where the playback is flawless and you can multitask on your Android device.Also, if you have an Amazon Fire Stick, check out our post on how to install Kodi on Amazon Fire Stick.